Welcoming business to the Isle of Wight
A number of businesses have greatly benefited from relocating to the Isle of Wight. Please look through this web site to discover how your company might also make the most of its very own Island.
We promise you that this web site contains a few surprises, especially as most people do not think of the Isle of Wight as a traditional business destination. The fact is that being an Island and being part of South East England, can offer unique business benefits.
Moving your business to the Isle of Wight may well be one of the best business and personal decisions you ever make.
The Island offers far more business advantages than disadvantages:
- A superb environment and a great place to do business
- World class companies in hi-tec, environmental, engineering, composites, aerospace, electronics and marine industries.
- A central position on the South Coast, with a short easy journey to London.
- Two cities on the doorstep: Southampton and Portsmouth
- Logistics options into and out of Southampton International Port
- For lower commercial property costs than elsewhere in the South East
- Available employment sites, including waterfront sites
- Very competitive wage levels
- An available skilled, loyal workforce with low staff turnover
- Good telecommunications
- Cowes, a marine address, known around the world.
Globally renowned companies already do business from the Island. Involved in Aerospace, Composites, Wind Energy, Environmental Engineering and Information Technology.
We've been quietly preparing ourselves to be one of the most tempting new business destinations around.
Business people often carry a preconception that the Isle of Wight is remote or that the cross Solent ferry costs are expensive. The reality is that you can be in London in less than two hours and to regular travellers the costs of crossing the Solent are minimal.
Reasurrances about infrastructure, labour availability and skill levels - all the things that make your business tick, no problem!
A number of world-class companies do business on the Island with the world.
The island is a great place to relocate because the pace of business life is busy and focused, but relaxed.
We like to work hard then play hard.